So, it’s over. My first special event is in the books and seems to have been well received. Seven reviews in seven days was a challenge but workable. I think I’ll plan on doing at least a couple more in the foreseeable future. The next will probably be Ghost Week at the end of October, but that’s still just a guess. I’m also thinking about reviewing F/F Historicals for a week in March during Women’s History Month. If you have ideas for special events you want to see, let me know. I can’t promise it will happen right away, but I really want you folks to keep me on the path here.
In case you missed any, here’s the lineup…
- Friends With Benefits (Shifter Hardball 1) by Cheyenne Meadows
- Heart of the Game by Rachel Spangler
- Curve Ball (Homeruns 2) by Sloan Johnson
- Out in the Field by Kate McMurray
- All-Stars by Declan Rhodes
- Reading the Signs by Keira Andrews
- The Eskimo Slugger (Austin Trilogy 3) by Brad Boney
It’s a good group and pretty representative of baseball romances in general. I wish I could have included another F/F romance, but I still haven’t found another that merited review.
When I started searching for LGBT baseball books, I had a couple favorites I knew I wanted to include and a couple others that had been languishing on my Kindle for a while. Part of the fun for me was poking around Goodreads looking for baseball books that weren’t on my radar. I even had a mental list of books I was hoping to find…
- A dark, angsty, minor league romance to balance out all the low-angst, fluffy stuff. Nope
- An F/F baseball/softball book based on an LGBT or Rec league team. Nope
- A baseball shifter book. Found a few, reviewed one.
- An umpire book. There is actually an out umpire in the MLB so I figured I’d find one, but nope.
So, if there are any authors reading this… Couldja please get on this list before I decide to do another baseball week? I’d appreciate it.
I also appreciate you all sticking with me and enduring my obsession with our national pastime this week. It was fun, but I gotta go, there’s a Red Sox game on…